Pages

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Ban plastic bags John Key

Dear Prime minister John Key.

I am writing this letter to inform you about the mess that plastic bags are making. I think that you should ban plastic bags because its making mess in the sea, rivers, trees, bushes and on the the roads.

Plastic bags should be banned because its killing our sea creatures .Did you know that in one year, 1 billion plastic bags are used. Instead of using plastic bags you could change the material into a thicker material. For example, cloth bags or paper bags.

Instead of having free plastic bags you should charge people  at least 10 cents. If you will charge the plastic bags less people will purchase them. Instead of using plastic bags for shopping, you could replace them with empty boxes.

Please ban plastic bags because its bad for the environment. If you don’t ban plastic bags please do something about them.

Yours sincerely:
James

1 comment:

  1. My name is Marie. I am from America where I am going to college. I am in a class right now where we are learning how to blog and how to comment on other people's blogs.
    I agree with you that plastic bags are hurting our environment, not just where you live but all around the world. I think it is great that you are taking action and wanting to do something about this issue. I loved your idea about making people pay for plastic bags. This will cut down on the use of them.

    ReplyDelete